Yes, low carb, Paleo and gluten free. Not to mention, so easy, since you make it all in one pan!
2 whole chicken legs or thighs (skin on & bone in)
1 lb of Brussels sprouts, chopped
1 generous tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp olive oil, for sprouts
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup chicken stock
Pecorino or Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash, prep and halve all of your Brussels sprouts.
3. Toss them in a bowl with your olive oil and a pinch to two of salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Season to your taste.
4. Wash your chicken legs or thighs and pat them dry.
5. Liberally season both sides of your legs with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Set aside.
6. Heat up your coconut oil in your cast iron skillet until hot. To test, flick a drop of water into the oil. It should hiss and sizzle.
7. Once your oil is heated up, add your chicken legs to the pan face down.
8. Allow them to sit there and get crispy. This will take several minutes. Don’t move them, even if you are tempted. Mine crisped up in 6-8 minutes.
9. Once the first side is crispy, flip your chicken legs over and crisp up the other side.
10. When both sides of the chicken are crisped up, add in your Brussels sprouts to the pan along with your chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir.
11. Place your pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
12. Garnish with some freshly grated Pecornio or Parmesan cheese and serve. If you are eating Paleo this step can be skipped, and it will still be super tasty.
Recipe from :
Please note: There are often links on my pages and posts that can be defined as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something when clicking on the links that take you through to a different website. By clicking on the links, you are in no way obligated to buy. Read more here.